Our work relies on the commitment of students and professionals who volunteer their time and skills to help protect the environment. Previous volunteers at the EDO ACT have gone on to work for environmental NGOs, government, and the private sector.
Join our friendly team and help the environment by:
- doing administrative tasks (vital work which helps the office run smoothly)
- carrying out research into environmental laws
- researching environmental issues
- writing educational material
- collecting and cataloguing useful media information
- helping with communications-related tasks
EDO ACT is looking for volunteers with a broad range of skills and interests including:
- Legal expertise: we welcome lawyers or students with a law background (preferably those who have studied environmental law);
- Environmental expertise
- Marketing, fundraising and communications skills
All legal volunteers undertake a short trial period with us. If a volunteer position is then offered, we ask volunteers to make a commitment to work for at least three months.
How do I apply to volunteer?
We take two intakes a year of volunteers (by 1 May for the winter period and by 1 November for the summer period).
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com:
- A completed volunteer application form
- Your curriculum vitae
- A sample of your writing
EDO ACT is able to supervise practical legal training (PLT) students. PLT students need to commit to working at least three days per week for at least three months. Priority is given to those who have previously volunteered with us. Please note that all prospective PLT volunteers are required to undertake a trial period before EDO ACT is able to commit to offering PLT supervision.
For more information, please contact us.